STEP #1: CREATE YOUR OWN DREAM LIST
STEP #1: CREATE YOUR OWN VISION
Take a piece of paper and begin to create your own personal dream list. Let your mind flow freely. Imagine that you have no limitations. Imagine that you have all the time, all the money, all the resources, all the intelligence, all the education, all the experience and all the contacts in the world. Imagine you could do, be or have anything in your life. Write down everything you would want in your life if you had no limitations whatsoever on your potential.
Be sure to decide what you really want before you begin writing. Don’t fall into the trap of limiting yourself in advance by thinking of all the reasons why something is not possible.
STEP #2: MAKE A LIST OF YOUR GOALS
Make a list of 10 goals that you want to accomplish in the next 12 months.
STEP #3: DETERMINE YOUR MAJOR DEFINITE PURPOSE
Once you have a list of 10 goals, go through it and ask yourself – which one goal on the list would have the greatest impact on my life if I accomplished it. Now, write this goal down.
STEP #4: MAKE A PLAN TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOAL
Below each goal, write out every single action that you can possibly think of that you can do now or in the future to help you achieve that goal.
CLARIFY YOUR VALUES
- Make a list of your five most important values in life today. What do you really believe in and stand for?
- What qualities and values are you best known for today among the people who know you?
- What do you consider to be the most important values guiding your relationships with others in your life?
- Describe your picture of an ideal person, the person you would most want to be if you had no limitations.
- What one change could you make in your behavior today that would help you to live in harmony with your values.
WRITE YOUR OWN OBITUARY Write your own obituary to be read by your friends and family at your funeral, exactly how you would want them to remember you. This is a very important exercise. Please take your time and think it through thoroughly, remember don’t place any limitations on yourself.
FINDING YOUR UNIQUE ABILITIES
Write down 25 – 30 activities from your daily schedule that fit into each of the 4 categories below:
- Incompetent: Activities that when you do them, you get poor results. Activities that drain you, make you tired, ornery or irritable. Activities where you experience failure.
- Competent: Activities that you reach a minimum level of competence. Activities that even though you are competent, you are always struggling to reach the minimum standard.
- Excellent: Activities that you have reached a high skill level. Activities that you are very good at it. Activities that even though you have reached a superior skill level, you are not very passionate about doing them.
- Unique Ability: Activities that you have reached a superior skill level. Activities you do with enormous passion and enjoyment. Activities that you take great pride and pleasure in. Activities that you would do just because you love doing them even without any compensation.